Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back on the Grind!!!!

As anyone knows, after long and careful thought I have returned to my original instructor Marcos "Yemaso" Torregrosa and Team Yemaso in South Sacramento.  Marcos welcomed me back with open arms and the team is fantastic!!! I am very happy to be training again with an instructor and team that takes jiu-jitsu seriously and like to train intelligently and efficiently. 

Yemaso BJJ training under the watchful eye of Marcos "Yemaso"  Torregrosa 
Going back to the first day was rough!!!! I almost threw up after the warm-ups, which are way more intense than I remembered. We warmed up for about 15-25 minutes, and then went into instruction, drilling and finally rolling.

I had two good rolls. Each round is 10 minutes, which is on the extreme side of things but coming from a military background I am no stranger to tough training. At the end of the day my body was wrecked, I had random bruises, cuts, scrapes, gi and mat burns, MAN IT WAS GREAT!!!!

Now after a week and a half of training my wind is coming back and I don't feel as sore at the end of training, my body is remembering what it used to be able to do and is getting back to that level.

I have had to make some adjustments to my gameplan. I do not have the strength and power in my left side as I used to so it is a lot harder for me to force the americana and kimuras, but Marcos and I have worked on some adjustments and now I have a whole new angle of attacks.

At 31 years old I have knees that grind, a bum left shoulder and a completely torn pec muscle but I am still training and on the grind, until I get my next operation.

What are you doing? have you trained today???

No comments:

Post a Comment