Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Gentle Way Girl of the Month

RONDA ROUSEY

I started my journey in the Art of Judo around 2006/2007. I was completely enthralled by the art and the huge collection of videos of Judoka flying through the air either performing throws or being thrown. Of course when the 2008 Summer Olympics came around I was glued to my computer screen at odd hours of the morning to watch Judo at the highest level. 
Alot of mystique was built around a cute young blonde girl named Ronda Rousey. She was the USA’s best chance at finally getting an Olympic Gold medal in Judo. Rousey was fantastic her throwing skills were insane and her groundwork was at the level of BJJ fighter. Her wins by armbar were amazing.
Needless to say she did very well and although she did not win the gold she got a bronze medal, and became the first female Judoka from the US to win a medal in Judo since the sports introduction as a women’s event.
Fast forward a few years and Ronda is well known in the MMA world as being the best female fighter at this time. She has won all the professional fights, and won them all with an armbar in the first round. Seems like all that newaza training as come in handy.
Ronda is known as a trash talker, and berates her opponents every chance she gets, to help promote and amped up the fights. She is very vocal about her opinions and pulls no punches in the cage or on the mic.
Recently Ronda was asked about what non-figthers she would like to fight, well being interviewed on the red carpet for the ESPN Magazine Body Issue event. (A magazine which she is on the cover of.) Ronda stated that she would not mind beating up Kim Kardashian, because she does not think that a women who is famous for a crappy sex tape, has no talent, and is all around gross should not be endorsing products to young girls, who may think that Kim is a role model to look up too. (See video link above to see the interview yourself, I love it!!!!)
Their is a backlash from the Kim fans, but I really don’t care. Ronda has said something I am sure alot of us have said for the past couple of years. Kim K is a no talent whorebag, and I would not want my two young daughters to ever think that she was somebody to pattern your life after. Hopefully my wife and I are role models enough, but as a father who is also a passionate grappler, I would not mind my girls looking up to Ronda a little as a Judo/Grappling role model. She is smart, pretty, tough, a great Judoka and figther, and she has done this while still staying very feminine, for that she is the Gentle Way Girl of the Month.











3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again and sorry to hear about your injury. I have friends in the military who have served/are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stuart!!! I hope you tune in once in a while to check things out. All questions, comments and concerns are greatly appreciated!

    Train like a Champion!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda is so hot!!! I would love to se her bet that skank Kardasian down. Great choice for girl of the month.

    ReplyDelete