Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Revival


I am going to revive this blog after much neglect due to my Military commitments. Now that I have the time I can begin to chronicle some truly unique experiences that most grapplers do not get the opportunity to have or would want to go through.
As many people know I am currently deployed to the Middle-East. So I am not able to train with my Team at Capital City Guerrilla Jiu-Jtisu, but I have been able to train with a variety of grapplers from Gracie Barra, Renzo Gracie and few other clubs from around the country. So to say the lest it has been a great opportunity to; as Dave Camarillo says “Train with everybody”. 
I am three weeks post-op for a torn left pectoral that occurred while benching 350 pounds. it was a freak occurrence that happened, I have impeccable form on the bench, and it could had been a variety of factors that led to the tear. Needless to say i am in a sling for another three weeks then I can begin physical therapy. I am looking forward to apply my style of strict, disciplined, training that I am know for and getting to through the physical therapy and kicking ass.
I am also working on a project to benefit at-risk/ low income kids in the Sacramento Area by forming a non-profit organization. I have some truly exciting and unique ideas that I think will bring some very positive results. I am in the very early stages of this development but I plan to implement the plan early 2013 for a summer 2013 program, if successful I think it could be something that could grow and become a yearly program.
Keep drilling, stay positive and go and train like a champion!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment