Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Strength and Conditioning Program

sOne thing I am always on the look out for is what specific strength and conditioning programs elite level BJJ and Judo fighters use. It is nearly impossible to find information. I have no doubt that it is kept under wraps as their training programs are akin to a trade secret.

I have been designing a nutrition and strength and conditioning program for 2011. I will periodically post my progress and try to find out what works and what does not.

I do believe in the periodization training principle popularized by Tutor M. Bompa in his book Periodization for Sports. In a nut shell periodization is that in order to receive maxium gains a workout regimen must be have a specific goal in mind: Hypertrophy (increase in lean muscle mass) Strength, Power, Speed, Fat Loss.
I believe that power, Strength and hypertrophy can be attained in the same program.

For the next twelve weeks I will embark on a program that will increase my endurance capacity and increase muscle mass and power and strength. I only recommend gaining muscle mass for the heavier weight divisions, since I have a very large and heavy build I compete in Ultra heavy weight and have the potential to fight any size of monster out their so to gain 10 to 15 pounds of muscle would not hurt ( I have the luxury of not having to worry about making weight). On the same token, I want to get what speed and agility I have, I am faster and more explosive then all of the other guys I have fought so far, I want to keep it that way.

I will update my progress and put up some before pics, midway and after. I plan in hypertrophy all the way to the Pan-Ams, this will give me a good 3 months of weight training.

(Top Photo) Demente success is attributed to a good combination of mat time, gym time and good nutrition. ADCC Champion Jeff "The Snow Man" Monson (Bottom Photo) owes alot of his success to time in the weight room

If anyone needs advice please let me know, I have access to vast amount of books and articles as well as ten years of weight training experience, I have also taken courses in nutrition in college.


Be Blessed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Monson is beast!!! I am always looking for good workout programs for Jits. Never can find any, as a newbie white belt any advice is welcomed!

    ReplyDelete