Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The reality of the Blue Belt.

Now begins my training for the 2011 competition year, so yesterday I go to practice with the intent of destroying everybody. Life as a BJJ fighter tends to have a sense of humor, and with that I get taped by every one I roll with, and all my core bread and butter tactics are nullified.

I came to realize after this the reality of the Blue Belt. All the Blue Belt means is that you have shown your dedication to the art, have mastered some of the basics and may have medaled at a tournament or two as a white belt. By now means I'm I any where close to being where I want to be at. As time goes on I keep seeing how little I know and how much farther I have to go in BJJ. It is a journey of a life time that has no destination, as there is always more to learn, and as of right now I feel a little stagnant in my game.

I am some what dejected by this, but I know this will aide me in my evolution. Royler Gracie said in his book, Submission Grappling: Theory and Technique, that at the times when you feel your game is the most stagnant are the times that you are about to make a huge push to the next level.

Let's work on all of us getting to the next level! Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment