Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Last Roll of the Year!

Yesterday was my the last time I will step on the mats for 2010. Our class was taught by our very knowledgeable and experienced Purple Belt Mike Uhlinger, who now has been getting the best of me lately. (See Mike I mentioned you.)

Mike went over a very complex sweep and it's variations. The sweep was an off shoot of the spider guard, I felt sorry for our brand new White Belts as they were completly lost on this technique. We did static drills with the sweeps than we did live drills with the sweep. (The importance of live drills I will write about at another time)

Of course after all that we rolled. I spent most of the time trying to survive Mike's onslaught as he took my back, and trying to pass Hera's guard. Rolling turned out to be a rather frustrating endeavor, as I at one time used to pass Hera's guard pretty easily and also used to passed Mike's guard and submit them both. Now either everybody has gotten better or I have relied too much on doing the same thing over and over again and my game as gone stagnant.

Either way I am sure that by this time next year I will have further evolved my game and be a better fighter for it.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment