Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Judo Training

Judo training was excellent. Did the Judo warm up and then proceeded to Newaza. I drilled with Mike Weiler who is a Shodan (First Degree Black Belt). We always just do some basic sweeps. Like said before on the sweeps I feel just leaves me open for my opponent to take side control. I drill the moves but I highly doubt I will ever use this hip type sweep. I showed Sensei Weiler the Anaconda choke to break down an opponents turtle position. Sensei Weiler really like the Anaconda. I was happy to exchange knowledge with someone who has helped me a lot with my "Big Man" Judo.

We did some Newaza Randori and then moved on to moving drills for Osoto Gari and Ashi Bari. Last we drilled a Ouchi Gari to Kouchi Gari combination. Next came Randori.

I was able to give Sensei Weiler a decent fight although he threw me many times. I was inspired by my buddy Stuart from the U.K. with his view that you should just attack and not worry about being throw because there is nothing to loose.

I was able to hit a Hari Goshi on one of the smaller players using the overhand Russian grip, I am really attracted to the Russian and Eastern European style of Judo. I believe that Russian Judo also is better suited to BJJ. (will write an essay in that theory).

All in all my timing and technique is coming back to me and I do not feel as tired as I did last Monday. Tomorrow I go back to BJJ.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment